Get Involved. Fight Human Trafficking.
14 Ways to Help End Trafficking
- Post the National Human Trafficking Hotline number around your neighborhood, school, or work place. The hotline handles calls from anyone, including witnesses, potential victims, service providers, community members, and people hoping to learn more. The toll free number is operated 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call- 1-888-3737-888 or Text- “HELP” or “INFO” to 233733.
- Join or start a Free For Life International chapter in your community or at your university. Our chapters are dedicated to raising funds and awareness in the fight to end trafficking. We will provide you with the essentials you need to get started; the first step is to bring together a group of passionate individuals! Learn more about becoming a chapter builder.
- Attend an event. Live in the Nashville area? Free for Life hosts and participates in a number of community events throughout the year. Not in Tennessee? No worries! Free for Life’s chapters in North Texas, Nebraska, Maryland and Alabama are also active in organizing events. Sign up for Free for Life’s newsletter to stay tuned with the latest events.
- Host an event. If you love hospitality, gather your network for a luncheon or event of your choosing and have a member of the FFLI team come speak about human trafficking! Big and small events make a huge impact on individuals’ understanding of the problem of human trafficking and its solutions. Click here to learn more!
- Request a speaker. Our Executive Director, Gabrielle Thompson, travels around the United States to speak at conferences, social groups, schools, and churches. Her speeches range from the basics of human trafficking to how nurses can identify trafficking victims. Click here to request a speaker!
- Buy products from Amazon Smile. When you shop for products using Amazon Smile, the company will donate 0.5% of the money you spend to an organization of your choice. Select Free for Life International as your charity and save lives while you shop. Link your account here.
- Shop for merchandise made by human trafficking survivors. Free for Life currently sells unique jewelry made by survivors of past programs in Nepal. We also sell bracelets, t-shirts, and tanks that support our international programs! Everything can be seen at our Etsy shop, here.
- Sign up for our newsletter. Once a month, Free for Life sends out a newsletter that contains information about rescue stories, latest updates, human trafficking in the news, and research done by the organization! Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Follow us on social media. Stay updated with all Free for Life is doing! Share our posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and spread awareness about human trafficking online.
- Learn how to spot the signs. Polaris is an anti-trafficking organization dedicated to research on what exactly trafficking looks like in the United States. To learn more about identifying trafficking victimn , visit polarisproject.org/signs.
- Find your slavery footprint. Slavery Footprint offers an online survey that helps you determine how many slaves are involved in making the products you buy. Click here to take the survey.
- Become a mentor. Mentorship is great way to fight trafficking through prevention. As a mentor, you can be involved in a young person’s life, show them kindness and love and break some of the vulnerabilities that contribute to the trafficking in our own backyards.
- Talk about human trafficking. Awareness is a huge component to ending trafficking. Do not be silent about the issue. Talk to you friends and family about what human trafficking looks like within your own community.
- Use your talents. Are you passionate about writing? Cooking? Cycling? Each skill can be used as a unique way to raise awareness about human trafficking. Write an article or blog post. Cook a meal for survivors living at a shelter. Host a cycling event to raise money for a local anti-trafficking organization. The ideas are endless!